Friday, October 2, 2020

September Ending

 Lovely October is here but September ended spectacularly for me with the first visit since Christmas of a very special family.



Our son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughters were here for the weekend! In trying to limit close quarters with the old folks, this time they didn't spend the nights with us but joined us for supper Friday night, Saturday lunch and afternoon, and Sunday brunch before leaving for home. 

 


Do you know how much young granddaughters can grow up when you haven't seen them for nine months?

 


A whole lot!


We did risk one big hug each but even the eggs for our waffles were careful to socially distance.


I'm sure you can imagine how much fun it was to cook for company rather than just for myself and RH.


And who takes time to make waffles for just two people?


And to have help in the kitchen with turning out waffles was so much fun, especially from this sweet daughter-in-law.

 


As usual, the sad part of the visit was having to say goodbye, even for James Mason.

 

 

It takes a few days for me to smile again when such a wonderful visit ends, and I thank God every day for Instagram where I keep up with what's going on in our family's lives.

 These two help a lot...

 


 

My two little trick-or-treaters! Every day is Halloween for them.

 

Goodbye for now to our dear son and his precious family...

 


 Every year on his birthday I tell him that he's the best reason I know why every family should have four children. What, stop with three amazing children? When you can add a fourth? 

No way!