Wednesday, October 7, 2020

"If in early October..."

 I may need a second day of rest, or semi-rest. Just to ease myself back into what October should be.

By now, when I was younger, it would have been October everywhere I looked.

From the front porch, by the door...

 

 

And by the steps, a dachshund or two always at my side...

 


 

All the way back to the picnic shelter...

 


 

And in every room in the house, including an October tree holding ornaments of the critters of Valley View...

 


Where did the energy go that used to accomplish all that?

 

If in early October one does not feel completely possessed by the spirit of industry, he had better retire immediately to some green and solitary island where food, clothing, shelter and membership dues are not a problem. If one does not abound in energy in mid-autumn, he will be incapable of any action by February first.

          By Abbie Graham

          from Time Off and On

Oh dear, poor February. I'd better eat my Wheaties and get busy.