Sunday, February 10, 2019

Mandarin Orange Time




Thank you, California!

It's Mandarin orange time, my favorite February fruit!

Unbelievable sweetness and if you can believe this article here, so good for you.


I would love to leave them out on the counter in my pretty Red Wing pottery dish but they went into the fridge after they posed for their photo.

My life has been so uneventful this week that all I have to show you is one mini-project that happened.


The cabinet in the dry sink was a mess and Marie Kondo offered a simple solution on Tidying Up--baskets!

Sam's had a special on a pack of three lightweight baskets and I'm now a believer in baskets for corralling lots of loose packages.

All James Mason cares about is that he smells food in there somewhere. He's feeling lots better but is still on a med and being restricted from anything but gentle movements.

Ha! Tell that to a dachshund who wants to bark ferociously at every noise he hears and race his sister to the door when they hear Daddy coming home. 

We're doing the best we can. Neither of them are allowed to jump on the sofa anymore, it's barricaded off, and he finally got to start going out to his pen without being carried after RH built him a ramp to walk up and down the porch steps. 

Neither Jame Mason or BreeBree are happy about losing their sofa. 




10 comments:

  1. Those oranges are so pretty - almost too pretty to eat! I actually crave citrus all winter long (must be from the lack of sun!) and eat grapefruit or clementines every day. I also put fresh lemon in my water.

    I love using baskets for organizing. I have similar baskets in my linen closet for bedding and I also have one in a lower cabinet to corral crackers, popcorn and pretzels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love grapefruit too, Melanie, especially the Texas Red ones. Actually, I love any citrus!

      Delete
  2. When you say you would love to leave them out, but they go in the refrigerator - is that because they make the counters too cluttered or because of fruit flies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither, Nan, it's because I love them icy cold! Although I don't have a lot of free space on counters in our galley kitchen either. I would have more if I didn't love having my "stuff" sitting around.

      Delete
  3. I love the way you displayed your oranges!! and baskets - I love my baskets too so much easier.. have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marissa, it's so good to see you! I had huge internet problems the day you left this and tried visiting you over and over but wasn't able to leave a comment. And now I'm typing this by phone as my computer is moving slow as molasses. But will try again soon. How did we lose each other years ago?

      Delete
  4. I like Mandarin oranges, love how yours look in the dish ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to make a still life with them, isn't it?

      Delete
  5. I so miss Cretan mandarins; I can almost smell their fragrant leaves and taste their sweet juice - almost! Your California mandarins look and sound equally enticing and posing front and centre on the counter highlights their fresh nature, against the array of cooking condiments behind them.

    Enjoy them, my friend! I also prefer them chilled!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine how wonderful the mandarins would be if eaten closer to the time they're picked. And Poppy, one of the cooking condiments there is a jar of the Mediterranean herbs you sent me. I love cooking with them!

      Delete