Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Valentine's Day, Burns!



In my opinion you should have won Best of Show at Westminster, you handsome dachshund, you!

We dachshund lovers are pretty burned up about it going to a wire fox terrier--for about the 1000th time. Sorry, King, you had a face I wanted to kiss and it's not your fault, but that trophy belonged to Burns.

I spent far too much time scrolling through every single Best of Show winner since the Ark landed and King's ancestors appeared over and over and over. 

Can we next time have a judge who's raised dachshunds for decades, please?

I must get over this insult that I and BreeBree and James Mason took personally. It is Valentine's Day and my heart should be filled with love towards all, I guess. 

I have Bolognese sauce cooking slowly for a candlelit pasta supper tonight so I'll think only of romantic things the rest of the day--like that scene from Lady and the Tramp where the darling couple are eating spaghetti and they each take an end of one pasta strand.

Isn't that one of the most romantic movies ever? I must see if Amazon has it where RH and I can watch it next Valentine's Day.

I hope Burns gets to dine on his favorite meal tonight and is being spoiled rotten this week so his mind will be kept off that rival wire fox terrier. 

In the meantime, RH and I will spoil our own champions...



One of whom is the same color as Burns!

Let's face it, it'll be a long time before I'm not mad at that judge. And from what I see, a lot of dachshund moms and dads feel the same way. 

Happy St. Valentine's Day, y'all!

And yes, most of my blogging problems got solved, with lots of help from my son, hours and hours of help. There are still some hair-pulling episodes happening every day as I try to sign in again to everything, changing passwords as I go, but I have a security system working so no more pop up ads, yeah!


7 comments:

  1. I think BreeBree and James Mason are two of the cutest pups I've ever seen! Now there's your Best in Show winners right there in your own home. Your dinner sounds delicious. I made a heart-shaped meatloaf, mashed sweet potatoes, and fresh green beans almondine. Tim stopped by after work and enjoyed some too, and got to take leftovers home, to boot! Happy Valentine's Day, my dear friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentine's Day to you too Melanie! I was about to go to bed and saw this. BreeBree and James Mason thank you! Your dinner sounds delicious! Meatloaf is a favorite of ours. I have a recipe for it that I want to try some time that has bourbon in it. I wonder what it will taste like?

      Delete
  2. I felt the same! I was so excited when Burns won best in the Hounds! I thought FINALLY!
    and you could just tell how proud and excited he was! and the crowd itself LOVED HIM!
    and then the "Asta dog" as I call them (because of the Thin Man) won AGAIN! just like you say. enough already!!!
    I don't know how I missed this post after I sent you my email about Burns but I DID!
    you were probably WATCHING it too! LOL.
    this weekend for two nights is the dog show of the Rescues. it's always fabulous.
    not quite like Westminster etc. much shorter version but so inspirational. you would love it if you've never seen it! it's on the Hallmark Channel. I forget which one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so in love with Burns! Poor little fella!

      Delete
  3. Burns certainly is a gorgeous dachshund! I am not familiar with this contest, but just from this canine's photo, above, he definitely should have won Best of Show at Westminster! Mason and BreeBree must have been heartbroken, as I know you were. And yes, that strand of spaghetti sharing scene in Lady and the Tramp is truly romantic!

    Happy belated Valentine's Day, Dewena!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A happy belated Valentine's Day to you too, Poppy! And a nose kiss from BreeBree and James Mason!

      Delete
  4. I have never had a dachsie, nor raised them, but I like them. In my opinion your two are much prettier than the one at Westminster. I think they have much prettier faces. His is sort of "horsey".

    ReplyDelete