Thursday, December 20, 2018

Dear Nora,


My dear granddaughter, I know you've grown so much since your daddy took this photograph a few years back. Now you share this little white Christmas tree that your mommy and daddy gave me before you were born, and I gave back to you the year this picture was taken, with your little sister.

But someday you will be your mommy's age, or even my age, as hard as that is to imagine. So here's a little advice about Christmas from someone even older than your Mimi that maybe you'll find handy when you celebrate Christmas as an adult someday.

Christmas is not the time for attending to one's duty; it is the time for having attended to it. If duty must be done, do it early. If there are letters that ought to be written, cards that should be exchanged, packages that must be gotten off, do all these things in that first burst of Yuletide spirit engendered by the merchants in late November.
Abbie Graham
Time Off and On

So just remember, dear Nora, do what I say, not what I do! Don't save everything that should have been done in late November and early December for those final few days before the Christmas festivities begin.

I wish someone had told me that way back when I was near your age, lying under the Christmas tree.


My love to you and your little sister, Nora! See you soon,
               Mimi

To my dear visitors here at Across the Way, I'll be back after Christmas but will pause now to celebrate the birth of our Savior with loved ones.

RH and I wish each of you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Love to all,
Dewena