Thursday, May 31, 2018

Hurry, the light is going...



It's not often that you get that evening light that let's you snap pictures that don't need any photo editing, but RH captured it last night.

We had just finished supper and indulged in slices of Molly Wizenberg's fabulous dairy free chocolate cake that only had one tablespoon of flour.



Here's a link to her recipe from her blog Orangette.

I discovered her just recently after reading her food memoir, A Homemade Life, a book I highly recommend.

I was cleaning up in the kitchen when I noticed the unusual golden glow on our garden outside our big kitchen window.

I called for RH to hurry and grab the camera. Thankfully, he doesn't stop to ask questions when I say this but went right outside to race against the fleeting minutes.



Words just don't matter in a time like this.












Hurry....










Hurrrry.....






It's gone.....

But it was glorious while it lasted.

After that it seemed like a perfect idea to turn the television off, snuggle with BreeBree and James Mason on the sofa, tuck them in bed and go to bed early ourselves.