Friday, May 25, 2018

Bedazzled by 3 fishes



I cannot help it.

          The colors in these 3 fishes bedazzle me.

I want to dress in them,

          paint with them,

                    garden with them.

Those silvery greens, pinks and grays have bewitched me

          for years since I tore them out of House Beautiful.

It is a fine thing to be in love with colors.

          If only I could be more in love with colors than I am

                    with real whipped cream on May strawberries.


Later: Oops, is it fishes or fish? Where is my mind? Maybe on whipped cream, berries and homemade buttermilk biscuits. After googling it I found that it could be either although fish is both singular and plural. I'm going to stick with 3 fishes. I think it sounds friendlier. I promise not to say 3 deers.