Tuesday, October 23, 2018

My Fantasy Wardrobe

As someone who rarely shops anymore but is tired of her wardrobe, I think I will indulge in a fantasy wardrobe, bought with fantasy money and fitted to a fantasy figure. 

Why not? What is the internet for if not for fantasy?

I'll begin with this piece today because with Autumn here every woman needs a good basic suit and in my fantasy I look good in brown.



I'm meeting girlfriends for lunch, sitting outside with golden leaves falling from the trees. I'm thinking Jane Wyman in Magnificent Obsession about to meet Rock Hudson--but minus the accident that leaves her blind.

This is a good basic piece to start my wardrobe, a Handmacher suit made of oxford-brown flannel with cut-steel buttons. 

I see this suit adapting to many social occasions, adding blouses of olive green or silver gray, a black cashmere sweater instead of the jacket for casual or a taffeta blouse for dressier. I can easily unbutton the jacket and add a brown velveteen vest for warmth (LHJ's advice). I can add scarves and belts and change its looks season after season. 

I might even wear this suit all through my 30s.

It's my fantasy and I'll be however old I want to be.

I'm very pleased with this start to my new wardrobe.