Tuesday, October 30, 2018

More Fantasy Wardrobe

What's a wardrobe without something for Halloween as I welcome Trick-or-Treaters at my door?

My own two little goblins are making the rounds of the neighborhood with their daddy and I've been wearing this pumpkin corduroy jumper on a busy day of going to the market after story hour at the library. 

I wore my brown jersey blouse today but last Saturday night I wore it without a blouse and with my topaz necklace when my guy took me out for dinner, children at home with my mother.



Because I'm a young mother on a budget in this fantasy, I'm proud to say my pretty jumper was only $13.

Here's my new fall church dress that of course will be worn all winter long. I think my saddle leather bag, also $13 is a good choice for my budget.


My wool cashmere coat with a brown velvet collar was a splurge on our budget at $50 but think how many years it will last. 


I've been busy from sunup to sundown, chasing toddlers and keeping house and I still feel energetic enough to greet hours of Trick-or-Treaters ahead with a big smile and compliments for their costumes, in between times putting a meal on the table for my husband and tucking the little ones in bed with a gentle Halloween story.

Now that's a real fantasy!


Today's wardrobe courtesy of Woman's Home Companion, August 1955.