Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sunday Morning Light



Just because I love it when our neighbor's flag is full in the breeze, I always look out the bathroom window early in the morning.

I feel a little like David Grayson felt when he wrote about "the sweet stillness of a perfect Sunday morning in summer."

I felt such an emotion as I can call only a passion for quietude. I felt like treading softly, holding my breath, lest I break the crystal globe of stillness, or rend the gossamer web of silence.
David Grayson in The Countryman's Year


RH captured this view of our side yard through the slats of the blinds in his bedroom early this morning.




There is no breeze early, John's flag seen beyond the large clump of grass in our yard is still, perfect for a still Sunday morning. 

And I walk into my bedroom and reach for the camera, catching the light just right upon the large aloe that loves the morning light.


And then I realize I almost missed a double treat, the reflection of the plant in the mirror--two aloe plants.



"I felt like treading softly, holding my breath,

      lest I break the crystal globe of stillness,

              or rend the gossamer web of silence."

A happy Sunday to you,
      Dewena and RH