Friday, August 31, 2018

August Goodbye




Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations.

     Faith Baldwin in August of

       Face Toward the Spring     



I used to flip the calendar page from August to September dancing a jig, or my version of it.

Since last August I've learned that my favorite months of October and November can bring heartbreak, just when you expected life to be the most wonderful.

This is the last day of August. We will probably be on into September before I'm back here again. 

I wish you well, I wish myself and RH well. I wish a last day of August well lived to you and a Labor Day weekend full of exactly what your heart, soul and body need. 

Our daughter gives me the pages for a new year's calendar for Christmas each year, each page an artistic triumph--although August's Japanese beetle this year only made me think of holes chewed in roses. I love this calendar that sits on a little easel beside my bed and save all of them, something else for my children to throw away someday.

But my kitchen calendar is one I jot down everything on that I need to remember, and then I need to remember to look at it. This year's art is by Kevin Dodds and I revel in the country scenes. 

Goodbye August. You've taught me some important things this year, things that may leave an imprint on me, some things I would not have chosen to be taught at the time.

But "time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations."