Friday, June 29, 2018

RH, the Pastry Chef



He'll try anything,
even making the lattice crusts for my chicken pies.




Obviously, neither of us has ever watched a tutorial
on weaving a proper lattice crust.

But the chicken cookie in the middle was darn cute.




And we didn't get any complaints from our guests.

I kept it simple.

Homemade chicken pies,

cranberry sauce,

a cucumber-radish platter.




And a simple dessert,
brownie mix with Symphony bars baked
in the middle,
vanilla ice cream on top.

Forgot to get a picture of them but here's the recipe.





No fancy table either
but both leaves put in the table
so all 11 of us could sit around it.

I did use my wedding silver though.

I put lots of my good silver in the kitchen drawer
recently, determined to use it regularly.

If not now, when?

If RH can weave a pastry crust,
then I can learn to do simple,
with a touch of sterling added.

Sometimes marriage is learning to work together in
the kitchen and have fun doing it,
because we're keeping it simple.