Friday, June 8, 2018

I feel like a farmer.



I know, it's only jalapeños.




One big jalapeño plant and a few pots of herbs.





Not only that, RH is the one who plants them, totes the heavy pots around, and waters them.




But when I go out and clip them,
          bring them in and wash them...





and then mince them...




I feel like a farmer.

I can only imagine the pride I'd feel if I actually grew fields of them. I would if I could because I use them for almost every meal. I'm also excited about the other three pots of peppers I planted. Well, I did choose them and sit the little plants in the pots I wanted RH to plant them in.

One other thing I wish I could grow is baby bok choy. It's so expensive and I dearly love it.




One of the best tips I have for almost any soup is adding chopped baby bok choy only five minutes before serving it.





And have a bowl of chopped scallions, jalapeños and minced herbs ready to garnish each bowl of soup when served.

That's a bowl of soup so good it makes me feel like a chef.





Then if I take time to set a pretty table I feel like...like what?





I don't know, I'm too tired to think straight.

It's hard work being a farmer and a chef and one of those women we know by their first names.



Besides, I'm hungry.

And it all started with jalapeños.