Sunday, April 24, 2022

Of Dogwoods and a Little Sprite

 

A month ago I asked our youngest son if he had any pretty pictures he'd taken in previous springs of pink dogwood in bloom. He couldn't recall any but one day spotted a gorgeous one in full bloom in his city and stopped to photograph it for me.


 It was a beauty and the white skirts spread around its base made me wish for one exactly like it.


 My list of plants I wish we had planted in our past years grows longer and longer but a pink dogwood has been moved to the top of that list.


And while RH hunts for one he might as well choose a white dogwood too.


 Even if the trees are mere twigs compared to the ones Daniel captured above. 

We planted a Kousa dogwood at Valley View that grew to a large bouquet of white in our May dooryard garden there over 26 years, and we have a small Kousa that RH planted here at Home Hill a few years ago. It had a few white blooms on it last year and is putting on green leaves right now so I'm hoping for more blooms this year but a Kousa is just not the same as a dogwood dogwood, in my book. 

Of course this sweet little Sprite would need to come stand in front of our dogwoods and blow bubbles.


 Then they would be perfect!