Thursday, September 23, 2021

One, Two, Three, Four, Five

 How could one month have gone by since my apology to yellow post? Surely it was only the other day.


 The days slip by far too quickly, don't they? I only cut one bloom to dry from the oak leaf hydrangea before they were past their peak.

But isn't it perfect? 



Two large hydrangea bushes were loaded with these blooms. I could have picked a bushel but settled for three. They dried beautifully after absorbing two inches of water. 

 

Two green ducks said "Take us home!" at the Fourth of July sale at our local antique mall. So I did. Along with five English Blue Willow saucers to serve as coasters for wet glasses. 



One dear dachshund peeks at me over the red sofa.

Did you see her?

10 comments:

  1. I have two cast-iron black ducks outdoors in the summer that used to belong to Tom's mother. They are in the same positions as yours!!!! What do you think? Why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coincidence! I love that but have no clue as to the position being the same. "China" is roughly painted on the bottom of one of mine so I thought maybe they're supposed to be Peking ducks. I wasn't able to find any others online in the position of the one in a charging position.

      Interesting! Let me know if you discover anything more about yours, please.

      Delete
  2. yes! I see that delightful little puppy face peeking at you over the sofa!
    this is a wonderful post. it always is. it always makes me feel at HOME.
    and I LOVE ducks! any and all! alive or in china or iron! there's just something wonderful about a duck. and the blue willow coaster saucers? priceless! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture was for you, Tam! BreeBree sends her love to you.

      I love ducks too! Geese, all waterfowl! And Blue Willow love has only grown more intense with my every passing year. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. What pretty cuttings from your hydrangea collection, Dewena; they will definitely be a delight in the coming, cooler months. Your new crockery treasures are a lovely addition to your home, and I love that one of your cute canines finds your photo shoot so interesting! Enjoy, dear friend!

    Happy Wednesday,
    Poppy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Poppy! Isn't it funny how even a saucer gives dish lovers like us a thrill? Happy Wednesday to you too, although it's probably Thursday there for you!

      Delete