Sunday, July 15, 2018

"Last night came the rain..."



After days of hot baking sunshine.....



It was glorious to hear rain and thunder when I woke up...



It's even darker outside now, giving hope that the rain will keep falling, a good soaking rain but not a gully-washer.



A gift for the trees that RH has planted and a gift for him--no watering today.


 A gift for our eyes, a respite from the July sun.



A gift from above.





Last night came the rain, all night long. I awakened in the dark with the cool sweet breath of it upon my face. I lay there, still and happy, and listened to the rain come down.
                                                            David Grayson
                                                                                The Countryman's Year

Today I will rest and read and keep RH company while he watches France play Croatia in the World Cup. 

BreeBree is for France and James Mason is for Croatia but it's not looking very well for Croatia while I'm typing this. 

These strong young men have both played so hard to get to this game that the mother's heart in me wishes both teams could win. The girly-girl in me, even at my advanced age, has spotted more than a few hunks on the playing field. The former soccer mom in me knows that it's not just a game, it really hurts to lose.

May the best team win--fairly and honorably!