Wednesday, September 6, 2017

"I Like Breakfast"

"Mornings I like best...

Breakfast is altogether the best meal of the day.

I like breakfast!"

David Grayson in
Countryman's Year



You won't catch me arguing with Mr. Grayson.

I like breakfast best too,
and it doesn't always have to mean eggs or oatmeal.

If I have some leftover chicken or beef in the fridge,
or a little pork tenderloin,
breakfast is a cinch.

Sliced potatoes and onions go in the pan first,
slivers of meat go next and breakfast is ready
with some salsa, fruit and toast.


His......


and Hers.

That's how we like to start our mornings.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. and I love breakfasts too. any time of day.
    and as a matter of fact ...
    these posts are so cozy and just right. just enough.
    this is a beautiful little on-going book.
    that's how I look at across the way. and no reply necessary!
    so thank you! with love and great snoopy hugs.
    and now get back to your job of herding Milo and Otis! lol ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE breakfast, too! It's my absolute favourite meal of the day, and has been since I was a little girl, who mostly ate Lucky Charms or Cheerios, before scurrying off to school.

    Nowadays, breakfast is a steaming hot brew of an exceptional Arabica/hazelnut blend, usually accompanied by a sweet bread of some sort, like a homemade muffin, slice of cake or my own, much better version of a Ham & Egg McMuffin, if I'm in the mood for something more satisfying and savoury. YOUR 'HIS' and 'HERS' dishes above, would be a special treat, at our house.

    Breakfast, so cozy and comfy and scrumptious - any time of the day!

    xoxo
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete